The International Bionic Award will be presented for the 8th time in 2023. The award ceremony will take place on May, 12 2023 as part of the Bionic Congress hold by the B-I-C of City University of Applied Sciences Bremen. Subscribe to our newsletter on the bottom of this page to receive updated information on place, date and any other information about the International Bionic Award.
for the International Bionic Award 2023: February 17, 2023
Conditions for participation
- The prize will be awarded for outstanding contribution by a team of young scientists and researchers or a single young scientist/researcher, for example for the development of a biomimetic product or for a bachelor/master/doctoral/post doctoral thesis.
- International submissions of detailed applications on the subject of biomimetics will be accepted. Copies of already published papers or reviews are not sufficient.
- The work has to be completed within the last two years before the deadline for submission of papers.
- Only direct applications, made by a person or a team, will be accepted; those made by a third party are excluded.
- Each person may only submit one application as author or co-author. Multiple applications will not be accepted.
- The applicant or team members may not be older than 40 years. Applications from undergraduate studies are welcome.
- Legal recourse is excluded.
What to submit
- Abstract (max. 1 page DIN-A4)
- Detailed applications consisting of presentation of work, bachelor/master/doctoral/post doctoral thesis
- Ideas for the implementation and industrial application as well as market potential.
The documents mentioned before shall not exceed 20 pages in paper size A4. Additionally the following proofs are necessary. All documents must be submitted in English:
- Declaration of each team member in order to specify the individual contribution to the project, in case of team applications
- CV/CVs of the author/group of authors including date of birth.
Please email these documents in the above order as one single PDF-file to:
Subject line: International Bionic Award
Deadline February 17, 2023
Donator of the Award
The award has been endowed by the Schauenburg-Foundation since 2008. The Schauenburg-Foundation was established in 1986 by Hans-Georg Schauenburg, founder of the Schauenburg Group, which has been in business in the Rhein-Ruhr area for over 60 years. The focus of the Schauenburg-Foundation, which is administered by the independent Stifterverband (Stifterverband is the business community‘s innovation agency for the German science system), reflects the close connection of the International Schauenburg Group to its roots and with scientific and technical innovation.
The foundation mainly endorses academic projects in the area of engineering, economics and social sciences, as well as supporting young people in their vocational training.
- Prof. Dr. Jerôme Casas, Université François-Rabelais Tours, France
- Dr. Rainer Erb, BIOKON e.V., Germany
- Markus Fischer, Ingenieurbüro Markus Fischer, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Robert J. Full, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Prof. Dr. Michael Herdy, INPRO GmbH, Germany
- Prof. George Jeronimidis, University of Reading, United Kingdom
- Prof. Dr. Antonia Kesel, Bionik-Innovations-Centrum Bremen, Germany
- Marc Georg Schauenburg, Schauenburg-Stiftung, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Speck, Universität Freiburg, Germany
- Dr. Stéphane Viollet, Aix Marseille University, France
- Dr. Ludwig Vollrath, FISITA, London, United Kingdom
- Prof. Dr. Zhengzhong Shao, Fudan University, China